Rating System:

For those of you who don't know, I rate books based on their ability to hold my attention. I don't really like to rip apart someone's hard work. If I don't finish a book, then I don't feel comfortable rating it. So you might see a lot of 4 and 5 star ratings. However, if I do have issues with a book, I will always tell you. Enjoy! (:

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Trust Me, I'm Lying Review

Trust Me, I'm Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer
3.5 Stars
This was the Better Read Than Dead Bookclub pick for the month of October and I must say it was decent. At the very beginning I found myself quite bored. The was a cliff hanger at the end of one of the first few chapters and I was actually able to put it down for a few days. This worried me. I thought, "Oh crap, another book I'm not going to finish." However, I kept reading every now and then. Basically forcing myself to get through it. About half way through, I suddenly became interested. I'm not sure if it was the story or the introduction of a cute boy, but it happened. Note that this boy alone earned a half star, without him I would've only given it 3 stars. The story suddenly became a bit of a thrill and I needed to know more. If you didn't know, this book happens to be about a teenage con artist searching for her missing father. As I read, I kind of had it in my mind that the main character needed to be older than she was in order to be dealing with all of the things that were coming at her left and right. I suppose part of me still feels that way. Regardless of my issues with this novel, I find myself considering picking up the sequel just to see where things head and in hopes that the story improves. If you've read this, I would love to hear your thoughts. Also, anyone is welcome to join our book club! (https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/157333-better-read-than-dead-bookclub)
Xoxo,
Gabriella

No comments:

Post a Comment