Rating System:

For those of you who don't know, I rate books based on their ability to hold my attention. I don't really like to rip apart someone's hard work. If I don't finish a book, then I don't feel comfortable rating it. So you might see a lot of 4 and 5 star ratings. However, if I do have issues with a book, I will always tell you. Enjoy! (:

Friday, September 18, 2015

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Review

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
5 Stars

I feel like I'm one of the last people, out of my age group, to read this series. Of course I've seen all of the movies, but that's just not the same as experiencing the magic and detail of the book. Going into this book I was very nervous for two reasons. One being that I heard a lot of people saying this was their least favorite book and also because it was my favorite movie. I didn't want to be disappointed and I definitely wasn't. J.K. Rowling has me at a loss for words. I was happy to see cute little Dobby was back and that Sirius was more prominent than he was in the movie. Lots of sobbing happened while I read, whether happy tears or sad tears, they were there. There's not much more I can say without spoiling it for the few others who haven't picked it up yet, but I will say that as fantastic as the movies are, the books are truly pure magic. I will be buying the next book in the series as soon as I possibly can. Also, I would so wear the socks that Dobby made. What are your thoughts?
Xoxo,
Gabriella


2 comments:

  1. I am happy to say this whole series never ever disappointed me. I just finished the seventh book about a month ago and I can't wait till you read it so we can discuss the whole series!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Right now I'm very slowly reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I've seen all the movies and I've loved them! And since books are usually better than the movies, I have no doubt that I will love every single book. Which is proving to be true so far. Although I must say, even just nine chapters in, the angsty Harry is kind of getting on my nerves a little. Maybe that will change, who knows. Lol.

      Delete