Rating System:

For those of you who don't know, I rate books based on their ability to hold my attention. I don't really like to rip apart someone's hard work. If I don't finish a book, then I don't feel comfortable rating it. So you might see a lot of 4 and 5 star ratings. However, if I do have issues with a book, I will always tell you. Enjoy! (:

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Ambitious March TBR.


For the past month or so I've been in quite the reading slump. I went from finishing 9 books in the month of January to finishing only 2 in February. However, I felt like I should make a TBR for March anyway. I know I will not finish all of these books this month, but I would like to at least start them. In fact, I have already started half of them! 

The Geek's Guide to Dating by Eric Smith: I was lucky enough to be sent this book for review from Mr. Eric Smith. I've already started it and I love it so far. For those of you who don't know, this book is a legitimate guide to dating and it's hilariously wonderful.
The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider: I chose this book using my reading challenge jar. The challenge was to read a book that was gifted to me and even though I had a few choices, this was the only one that seemed right. It's about that one life changing moment that we all have, specifically a tragic one. Maybe yours hasn't happened yet, mine hasn't, but Ezra Faulkner's has and this book takes you through how it shaped him. At least that's my understanding.
Day 21 by Kass Morgan: I was actually super excited about this novel. The hardcover actually came out last year, but I forced myself to wait for the paperback copy so my books would match. I can't say too much about this one since it's a sequel, but you should definitely check out the first one, simply titled "The 100". The series follows a selection of people from the Ark station in space. There was a nuclear war on Earth and 100 prisoners are sent back down to see if the Earth is survivable because the Ark is dying. I must say, the television show is pretty great as well.
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger: This book made my TBR for this month because I want to see the movie with my mother. Basically DUFF stands for Designated Ugly Fat Friend and everyone has one. This doesn't mean a person is ugly or fat and I believe that the book kind of teaches self worth, At least that's what I've heard. I've heard nothing but great things and I cannot wait to dive into this story.
I Refuse by Per Perrerson: I don't know much about this novel at all. Eric Smith was kind enough to re-home his ARC to me and I hope to a least start it before its release on April 7, 2015. I could be wrong, but I think it will be my first novel translated from another language.
The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell: This is the March/April pick for the Better Read Than Dead Bookclub on Goodreads. All I know about this novel comes from the synopsis and I'll share a bit of it with you now... "Today is Christmas Eve. Today is my birthday. Today I am fifteen. Today I buried my parents in the backyard. Neither of them were beloved." If that doesn't draw you in then, I don't know what will.

* Anyone can join the Better Read Than Dead Bookclub. Because of our leaders' busy schedules we're starting slow with one book every two months so there's plenty of time for you to jump in and read The Death of Bees with us. We welcome you with open arms.

What are you planning on reading in the month of March? I'd honestly love to know.
Xoxo,
Gabriella

No comments:

Post a Comment